Monday, June 21, 2010

Quick Hits

For those of you who check in from time to time, my apologies for not posting sooner. I went to the beach for father's day weekend and am going to Toy Story 3 tonight. Once I get internet access in one of my two offices I'm sure I'll be writing a lot more. To be completely honest, I think about what things to write about all the time. It's just a matter of an uninterrupted 1/2 hour of time to write. Maybe some of you can relate with more than just blogging. Anyway............

I was thinking about men and our bathroom behavior. This Yale student did a much better job than I ever could. Bottom line, no talking and spacing between urinals.

http://www.self-aggrandizement.com/archives/030104_urinal_etiquette.html

The one thing it didn’t touch on, at least through my brief reading, was men and reading material. Sometimes this is seen as a common thing for men to do. My friend summed it up for us both when he said, “Why would I want to spend any more time in a bathroom than I have to?”

I have noticed people want to eat things they attracted to. This makes sense when you just consider food. However, many say they want to nibble the toes of a baby or eat their ears. Or perhaps a lover who they would at least like to bite.

I hope none of you are offended but the Family Circus cartoon is about 49 years past its due date. The first strip was published on Feb. 29, 1960. I like cute things but this is sappy cute to the point of nausea. It also doesn’t take much creativity. I’ll make one up right now. How about if one brother says to his mom, “Billy said my feet were too big for my shoes but I think my shoes are too small for my feet.” (I actually had to google that one in case it was actually written.)

I have heard a couple of a no win situations posited by men. One of them is, “It’s the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl and the game is tied. 2 minutes left, no time outs, and your team is driving down the field for the win. Your significant other comes into the room and says she wants to have sex right now or else you won’t be having sex for a month. Queue horror music and gravely voice that says, “What….do….you…do?” If you care about both sex and football then you’re in a quandary. A guy could say, “We could have sex while watching the game” or “I can TiVo the game” but the person asking the question usually forces the guys into a clean answer of sex or football. I asked Daisy what she thought of the scenario and she said it was rather manipulative on the women’s part. A thoughtful woman would wait until after the game. Win or lose, the man would feel better. I gave her a hug and wept in her arms.

Fire just woke up so I have to go. Just one last thing, I went to truck driving school in Blytheville, Arkansas and experienced a month of man time. Would anybody be interested in hearing about it or would you rather know about Tattoos?

2 comments:

  1. Well since I am a football fan chances are my husband and I would both wait until the game was over. In fact it would never occur to either of us to even think about sex during a game. But that is a good way to celebrate if our team wins.

    Tattoos are something I am fond of, I blame that on my Navy days so I would enjoy reading on tats or the truck driving school. Looking forward to laughing no matter what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be tattoos no matter what anyone else might say. Y'know why? Because you're Kelly Breakey.

    ReplyDelete